Friday, September 28, 2007

Family Reunion

The most amazing thing about this family is that the three different branches live in three different states. You would never be able to tell this from watching them react and love each other. The cousins were like siblings. They were amazing to photograph, and not only because of those crazy blue eyes! If you check out their slideshow, you can tell they have a lot of fun, no matter where they are.
Tanks for letting me be a part of it!

So much fun

Sure, I am one of five kids, and sometimes I forget. I forget how great my childhood was, and how much fun every day was with all that chaos and energy. But now, as a mother, I don't know how my mom did it. This family had four, and there were two sets of twins. Both mom and dad were dashing around the whole time we were there, saving the kids from the high tide, crashing waves. It was a great reminder why I SHOULD NEVER complain about my one little adventurous two-year old.
Thanks for a great time Kristan.

Saturday, September 22, 2007

My first engagement session

Thanks John and Regina for battling the rain and all for a great enagement session. You were troopers for sure.
I can't wait until the wedding!

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Sneak preview

Back to school night is tomorrow, so even you are probably too busy to check this blog brandee.. but here is a little peak into your session. I couldn't love Olivia more. She is so loving, and reminds me so much of CJ. Imagine if your girl is this much of a firecracker, what will your boy be like. Watch out!

Friday, September 14, 2007

Two boys...

...that were a ton of fun. Can you believe how adorable, a photographer's dream really. Since the day I met this older brother I wanted to shoot his picture. In fact , the mama (a good friend) had to remind me we were taking "baby" photos of her newborn. And that newborn was equally adorable, and has that same sweet red hair. What a beautiful family!

Sunday, September 09, 2007

People vs. Places

Now I am convinced beyond all other ideas, that the people I am shooting totally outweigh location, any day! This family was sweet, hillarious, and so beautiful, they made my day. We met downtown Monrovia, a pretty cool place, but we could have been anywhere and we would have had fun. Maybe I was just happy to try something other than the beach for a refreshing change.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Senior Girls

Can't believe that summer is over, and school begins this week. So much to do to get my classroom ready, but luckily I have a partner. Teaching only 40% of the week, leaves the other 60% to an amazing teacher that I am sooooooo lucky to work with. Seriously, she is great, and she just happens to have twins that are seniors near by. So, I kidnapped them, and made them take pictures with me for their senior session. We had so much fun....well, er I did, and they seeemd to. Thanks girls! I had a blast, and you were such troopers, especially in the tall grass. City gals.

Check out their entire slideshow here.