Sunday, June 08, 2008

Lullaby

It is amazing how many things can go completely missing when you have a three year old.

Ever since CJ was a baby, I have played the same lullaby cd to him as he fell asleep. I can remember those 2am feedings like they were yesterday when the sweet sound of the lady singing lullabys blares out of the stereo. In fact, although I dreamt of the day my son would ask me to sing him to sleep, he would rather have "the lady" sing the songs than have his own mother lull him to sleep. He would say, "shhhh mamma, the lady is singing!" (ouch)

Now this cd is missing, and I have no idea who she was. I think I picked it up at potterybarn, or target. I dunno. But it is sad because one of the reasons I am a photographer is because my memory is so terrible. I need help recalling those wonderful moments.

It will probably show up when I smell some funky smell coming from the stove, when the dogs get sick, or when our toilet clogs. That is usually how I find things around here.

And for Lisa, so you won't forget how sweet your Kayla was when she was turning one, here are a few of my favorite pictures.





No comments: