Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Kicked out of swim school

So sad, my cj was kicked out of swim school.

Rewind. About two weeks ago in the pool, he was so interested in swimming on his own that he began to duck his head under the water and hold his breath. That same day, he would put his head under and start "running" furiously under the water with his arms and legs attemting to go forward. I thought this was pretty funny looking, but eventually, he learned to move forward in his own way. About two weeks after the self discovery, he began to swim under water about three yards.

Today. Perfect time to put a child in swim school right? Well, let me put it this way. Teacher gets in pool, CJ gets out, runs to the other pool, and jumps in the deep end. She goes in, gets him and then he runs to the other pool and jumps in. At this point, I am ducking under towels to avoid eye contact of the head swim instructor, at the same time trying to act like this child needs some serious parent intervention- whoever those parents may be. Where are those kids parents?

And then at the end of the class they tell me it may not be right for him. As a teacher, I translate that as, "get your kid under control or you can't come back!" (sigh)

And to the most beautiful family every. I love you guys shuree.....


1 comment:

michelle nicoloff said...

Seriousely...that is the funniest thing ever!!!! I cannot wait till you that story to the girl he will marry!!!!