Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I am trying my hardest, but....

i cannot keep my son from eating dog food. And it kills me, because it takes all my energy to see that he doesn't get hit by a car running away from me, or is friendly but cautious of strangers, that he eats healthy food all day like carrots and apples, and then the area I am failing hugely at is the snacking on our labs meals.

Successes; 1. Locking the door in which we store the food with dead bolt.
2. Explaining in great detail that it will make him sick.
3. Giving him the responsibility in feeding the dogs.

Failures: 1. Giving him the responsibility in feeding the dogs.

He usually asks me, "mamma, just one, one, just one." But tonight, after dropping the bowl of dog food on his way to give it to our lab, he gracefully snatched a handful and started munching away furiously so that I couldn't stop him. What could he possibly like about it? I mean he doesn't even eat chicken! Even after brushing his teeth, he still smelled like my dogs.

Well these two boys were a blast, and I am sure their mamma has some stories to tell about them at three. I will just say now that I was thrilled that they were looking for something other than a smile and perfection. She said to me, "Noel, I am looking for something that is just them, who they are right now." And that "them" was hillarious. We climbed trees, went on the swing, ate oranges, wrestled, jumped, raced, played leap frog, and had a BLAST! Oh, and if you are looking for framing, Kerri is over at Framer's Workshop in Lake Forest, and they do a BEAUTIFUL!! job. I have used them many times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pic of the dog waiting under the tree for his buddy to come down (possibly to give him dog food?!)
Don't worry about CJ! Not sure how healthy it is for him, but if you give him too much of an explanation all he'll hear is "blah blah blah." Part of the fun is that he knows it bugs you. Hunter didn't eat dog food, but I DO remember a day when he and Zach got very quiet and when we realized what they were up to it was too late...let's just say Vaseline does not come out of hair with shampoo - FYI, it takes over a week to completely wash out. We never thought we'd laugh about it and now it's hysterical when we recall that day (AND the day they got into the baby powder...I got shocked by the vaccuum when I tried to clean it up!)
I cannot wait to see what that boy grows up to be...